The success of the transplant will depend on the patient's mental attitude, efforts to promote health and healthy lifestyle after wards.
The patient must:
· Strictly follow medical instructions (take prescribed medicines in a timely manner, etc.)
· Avoid infectious and viral diseases, patients with infectious and viral diseases are not accepted for transplantation
· Regular physical activity, daily walks of up to 30 minutes (in consultation with your doctor)
· Maintain an ideal body weight (not to over eat, do not eat at night), daily weighing in the morning in light clothing, weight gain of more than 2 kg in 1-3 days indicates fluid retention
· Limit foods that are high in cholesterol, saturated fat and salt (spicy, smoked, fat, etc.)
· Compliance with water-salt regime, control the amount of fluid you drink (water, fruit and vegetables, all liquid food and cereal) and urine output (the amount of urine output should be 200-300 ml. greater than the amount of the fluid you drink).
· Eliminate tobacco, drugs / toxic substances and alcohol
· fulfillment of prescribed medical examinations, blood tests, dental examination
· maintain a positive mental attitude, visit a psychologist
· keep in touch round the clock, so that the doctors could contact you any time
Remember: the better your physical shape before the surgery is, the easier the recovery process will be.