Pediatric cardiac surgery
Pediatric Cardiac Surgery Department of “National Research Cardiac Surgery Center” JSC is specialized in planned and emergency service for children with congenital and hereditary valvular heart disease.
Every year we carried out over 450 cardiac surgical surgeries in newborn infants and children under 18 years old in two operating rooms. 45% of our patients are infants of the first year of life. The main directions of clinical activity of the department are:
- cardiac surgery service for newborn infants and infants of the first year of life with critic congenital valvular heart diseases;
- conduction of multistage cardiac surgical surgeries in the case of complex congenital valvular heart diseases;
- combined treatment of congenital valvular heart diseases complicated by pulmonary hypertension;
- prenatal diagnostics of congenital valvular heart diseases;
- consultative service for children with congenital valvular heart diseases and pregnant women with diagnosed congenital valvular heart diseases in fetus.
Comfortable conditions for conduction of presurgical preparation and postsurgical care of young patients were created in 20-bed department. Children and parents live in one- and two-bedded wards, have five meals daily. Conditions for stay are provided for mothers of children underwent surgery during their stay in Resuscitation Department.
The main our partners in center are: Pediatric Anesthesiology, Resuscitation and Intensive Care Department, Pediatric Rehabilitation Department, Department of Interventional Cardiology and X-ray Endovascular Surgery. We actively collaborate with neonatologists and pediatricians of National Child Guidance and Family Counseling Research Center where children with prenatally diagnosed “critic congenital valvular heart disease” are born.
Wide implementation of hybrid cardiac surgeries in children is planned after introduction in the service of hybrid operating room.