Regulation on residency
Regulation on residency
About the statement of Regulations on residency
The order of the Minister of healthcare of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated on January 30, 2008 No. 28. Registered in Ministry of justice of the Republic of Kazakhstan on 19 February 2008 No. 5142.
In accordance with the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan "On education" and in order to improve the quality of training for medical professionals and medical care, I ORDER:
1. To approve the attached regulations on the residency.
2. The Department of education, science and human resources of the Ministry of healthcare of the Republic of Kazakhstan (Khamzina N.) to ensure state registration of this order in Ministry of justice of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
3. The Department of organizational and legal support of the Ministry of healthcare of the Republic of Kazakhstan (Mukhamedzhanov J. M.) to submit this order after its state registration to the media for official publication.
4. Control over execution of the present order to assign to Vice-Minister K. Omarova
5. This order shall be enforced upon expiry of ten calendar days from the day of its official publication.
by order of the Minister of healthcare
of the Republic of Kazakhstan
on January 30, 2008 No. 28
Regulation on residency
1. General provisions
1. Present Regulation is developed in accordance with the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan "On education" and determines the procedure of medical training in the residency in medical organizations of education and science of the Republic of Kazakhstan (hereinafter - the organization of education and science), regardless of ownership, having the license for this type of educational activities and clinical base.
2. Training of specialists in the residency is designed to provide the healthcare industry with qualified personnel.
3. Training in residency is realized in clinical specialties, approved by authorized body in the field of healthcare.
4. Training in residency is carried out in accordance with the State educational standards (the Residency. The main provisions) and Model curriculum, approved by the authorized body in the field of healthcare.
5. Basic terms used in present Regulation: residency trainee (resident-trainee) - specialist, mastering educational program of residency; curator is the person, assigned to the resident trainee mastering necessary theoretical knowledge and practical skills, appointed from faculty providing training in residency.
6. State educational order for training in a residency to be approved by the Decree of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
7. State educational order for training in the residency is housed in the Organizations of education and science, implementing educational programs of postgraduate professional education in accordance with the current legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
8. Training of specialists with higher professional education in the residency in excess of the state educational order is carried out on a contractual basis with full reimbursement of training costs and according to the requirements of this regulation.
9. Organization of education and science independently determines staffing of structural subdivisions responsible for organization and monitoring of educational process and scientific activities of resident trainees, based on the number of students and number of specialties of postgraduate professional education.
10. The total number of resident trainees assigned to one curator must not exceed 3 people.
11. Healthcare organization can at its own expense train or send the employee for training to obtain postgraduate education in residency. Employee trained at the expense of the organization works in the organization a period agreed by the parties in the individual employment contract.
In the event of termination of the employment contract by the employee or on the initiative of the organization through fault of the employee, the employee repays to the organization a full amount of costs spent for his training in proportion to unfinished period of work.
12. Issues not regulated by these regulations, shall be resolved by the academic Council of the organization.
2. Training in the residency
13. Prior level of education of persons wishing to apply for educational residency program - basic medical education, graduate medical education, internship.
14. Residency training is full-time training, ranges from two to four years.
Period of training may be extended on the basis of relevant opinion of the medical consultative board (certificate of the medical consultative board or a sick slip):
1) up to 4 months – approved by the head of the organization;
2) more than 4 months to 1 year - based on the decision of the academic council of the organization.
The period of residency training is counted as seniority of the doctor and relevant professional experience.
15. Residency training is carried out at the clinical bases.
16. Academic workload and medical-preventive work by specialty sections are determined by the individual plan.
17. Resident-trainees periodically report on the implementation of the plan at meetings of faculty, department (sector, laboratories) and classed annually by the commission, which include curator and head of the department.
18. Training work plans and training programs are developed and approved by organizations of education and science, individual education plans are approved at the meeting of departments.
19. The academic council of the organization assign the curator for direct supervision. Workload of curators is calculated at the rate of 3 hours per week per resident trainee.
20. Resident-trainees during training:
1) fulfill individual work plan;
2) pass the curriculum's examinations in relevant disciplines;
3) submit a detailed report on the work carried out.
21. Resident-trainees can be transferred from one organization to another with the consent of the heads of the organizations, at the request or with the consent of the party which directed the resident, if there is a vacancy.
22. Resident-trainees enrolled in the state educational order, are provided with scholarships in accordance with established procedure. The scholarship is assigned from the date of transfer, but not earlier than day of dismissal from former employment.
23. Resident trainees are annually granted with vacation between academic years of at least 8 weeks, after the final state certification of at least 4 weeks with preservation of scholarship.
24. State control over the quality of educational programs is in the form of the final state certification.
25. Resident trainees who have completed residency training, are issued a nationally recognized document.
3. Final provisions
26. Resident-trainees can be dismissed:
2) for health reasons on the basis of certificate of the medical consultative board;
3) due to the transfer to other organization of education;
4) for failure to comply with individual plan;
5) for violation of the internal regulations of the organization;
6) for failure to comply with the terms of the contract (on contractual basis);
7) for violation of the physician’s oath.
27. The authorized body in the field of healthcare reserves the right not to place state order for training of specialists in the residency in the organization of education and science, if training is not completed with implemented individual educational plan.